5 Minute Keto Recipe & Quick Healthy Breakfast for 2019——Tofu Scrambles
Tofu scrambles are one of the highest-protein vegan breakfast options out there—it's a bonus that they're so speedy to throw together. Get the recipe below.
Per one serving: 31 grams protein
TURMERIC TOFU SCRAMBLE
(egg-free, dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free)
- 1/2 package (15 oz.) organic firm tofu (sprouted is great too)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper (MUST)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk or Veganaise
- grape seed oil for cooking
- bunch of baby spinach
- cherry tomatoes
- avocado toast*
NOTE: if serving cherry tomatoes along with this recipe, prepare those separately in another pan and just cook over a bit of oil or roast in the oven.
- Drain the tofu from the water and break the tofu into small crumbs. (I slice the tofu into chunks first, put into a bowl and press with a fork to get smaller crumbs.)
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, pepper, salt and milk and stir well.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. (I use a cast iron pan for this always).
- Add the tofu into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the baby spinach and cover with a lid to allow the heat to steam the spinach. Turn the heat off when you do this and uncover and stir a couple times more.
- Serve hot with cherry tomatoes and avocado toast. (red peppers or other veggies also work great, but tomatoes are much quicker to cook and the focus here is 5 minutes!) :)
The Source of Article: Ella
Sample Image Gallery + Lightbox
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui. Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue.